Monday, January 20, 2014

Seeking peace...

facts, figures, ideas, opinions, thoughts, dreams, wishes, wants, needs,
faces, memories, words, tunes, touches, smells, fears, doubts, regrets... HELP!!

It's far too loud, too busy, too full, too fragmented, in here...
my mind eats me alive, yet is never satisfied, never still, never... QUIET!!

Was the stillness of the delivery room shattered
when I arrived?
Were the masked figures startled
to hear the roaring between my ears,
while I was yet within the circle of my mother's womb?

And then, irony of life, they named me 'Peace'...
destined to bear the name of that which I so desperately seek,
earnestly desire, yet never find.

Therein lies the key
to why I am so irresistibly drawn to you...
because, my love,
this is as close to peace as I've ever been.
Your voice pours like healing oil over my restless mind,
and when I feel the sweetness of your warmth, I rest...
for there is nowhere that I would rather be.


No comments:

Post a Comment